TechSpot

Kudos to all!

By Demiurg
Jun 18, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Lately I've been frequenting quite a few Morrowind-forums. A couple of them have one or two posters who sets the tone by being very negative towards the game and newbies as well. None of them has such a good atmosphere as TechSpot. I'm struck by how much negativity this can give to the forums as a whole. If someone has a post on "This game is the greatest ever", the "haters" will surely clog it instantly with scathing criticism. You get the idea.

So kudos to all members here at TechSpot OpenBoards, and to the moderators as well, for making it such a cosy place.

*sniff*

:grinthumb

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

/me jumps on Demiurg & starts beating him with a mop

Why you son of a N'wa !!!! ;)

3. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,578   +270

You nOOb fool...
    You'll never take on that level 987 Demiurg with a non enchanted mop!!! :haha: ;)

4. Didou

Don't worry, I've used the MrClean scroll before attacking, I've been having critical hits one after the other ( plus he doesn't have any armor, that always helps :D ).

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,578   +270

Fun aside, I know what you mean Demiurg.
    I frequent a few other forums ( www.jolt.co.uk CS forums, www.hardwarecentral.com forums [just switched to vbulletin ;) ] and a few others ) and I do think this is the most welcoming and friendly forum I have known. Occasionally there are arguments but usually they are just resolved without the all too often seen "You don't know anything you *****, etc...". ;)

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,201   +422

Plus - with more people hanging out in the irc room we are getting to know each other better and know when we are messing around with each other without taking things too personally - right Mic?

LNCPapa

7. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,704

Ick...

You have a Didou on you Demiurg. Looks like you could use some RAID :D

/me summons the flying sock again
    /me sics it on Didou

We don't have a very opinion centered forum here. Mostly they're just people's problems and us solving them ;)

Perhaps if this forum would be centered toward some specific game or something it would be the same?

8. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Hopefully..

9. Demiurg

Demiurg TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 85

I always tend to forget about the IRC room. Must install Mirc and try it out.

10. Spliffmeister

Spliffmeister TechSpot Paladin Posts: 508

Thanks Demiurg for your comments. I don't see the point in being negative about something unless it is constructive. As far as Morrowind is concerned... well, it's great..... need to figure out a way to kill the Cammuna Tong in Balmora though....:mad:

11. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

So this would be a bad time to chip in with - I hate everything then? ;)

12. Didou

There goes the neighbourhood :D