TechSpot

KVM issue with monitor

By munchbunch
Apr 1, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:

Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
    AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
    4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

2. Spykezxp

Spykezxp TS Addict Posts: 290   +73

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

3. munchbunch

munchbunch TS Rookie Topic Starter

It has no brand, but the model is FJ-2UK. Very common on eBay.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,560   +2,901