TechSpot

Kwikset Kevo Bluetooth-enabled deadbolt now up for pre-order

By Shawn Knight
Jul 31, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The home automation bandwagon just rolled through town delivering the latest bit of hi-tech kit. Kwikset’s upcoming Bluetooth-enabled deadbolt known as the Kevo is now available for pre-order which promises to work seamlessly with your smartphone to lock and unlock...

Read more
  2. 200 bucks? The guy on tv with the free and clear real estate claims you can buy a house for 100 bucks.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,065   +704

Cool yes, but way to low on the usefulness meter for $219.
  4. freythman

freythman TS Enthusiast Posts: 124   +10

Now I'm waiting to read the articles about someone finding an exploitable vulnerability in these that allows for someone to easily compromise them.
  5. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 503   +82

That's too much to just save time by not having to put your key through the keyhole.
  6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,949   +1,477

And thats after being chauffeured home by an auto driving car.
    cmbjive likes this.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,025   +735

I like the thought of being chauffeured about but I'm not sold on this automated security thing. It's no problem for me to slip a good old fashioned key into a lock. Cost's a hellava lot less too.
  8. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

Well, I can betcha hackers are already working on it if they find out about this article. Car thieves are using signal jamming devices to prevent you from locking your car door so they can get in and steal it. House thieves might start finding a way to find the flaw in this...which I could probably find quite a few lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.