Laptop audio isn't working, but error sounds are

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month and a half ago, I was fiddling with my laptop (an IBM ThinkPad T23 with Windows 2000 Professional) and I deleted the SuperSavage and Utilities, not realizing it was vital for my resolution. I tried reformatting and all that jazz, but no luck. I just got the driver onto a CD-R from my other computer and installed it into my laptop. My laptop resolution is perfect and back to normal. However, the laptop's audio isn't working. I can hear the error sound when I play Freecell (haha) but I can't hear an audio CD. I tried turning the volume up and that works with the error sounds and stuff, but not audio. Also, the little thing that showed the volume increasing when it's turned up isn't showing, but it is working. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

And by the way....why is Chef a smiley? lol :chef:

Maybe the driver for the sound card is different from the one for the video?? Just a guess here, didn't do much research on ThinkPad.

cT

Maybe, but the error sounds are working but not the audio for a CD. I know that when I was installing the SuperSavage snd Utilities, it said something about Plug and Play something...any ideas for that one?

I just did the same exact thing you did with uninstalling SuperSavage and Utilities for the same laptop and all and the graphics are so messed up now. please tell me what i can do to fix that?

Get supersavage and utilities onto a jump drive or disc....floppies don't hold enough for it. Then install it on your computer, preferably to your desktop so you can find it...it's been over 6 months since i did it, but i think you may have to restart it to see it work. i installed an ethernet driver that had been lost from deleting Supersavage, and an audio driver as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back