TechSpot

Laptop battery question - Capacity

By mokaboy
Jan 31, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just got a 2nd hand Dell D400 which im very happy with, but... as expected the battery life is poor (an hour).

I have been looking online ebay) and seen batteries with capacities of 1900mAH, 3600mAH and 3800mAH.

I believe the battery i have on the Dell is the 1900mAH and im also guessing its the standard battery.

My question is... if i purchase the 3800mAH what kind of battery life should i be expecting on average If im getting about an hour on the standard 1900mAH and the stated battery life (taken from kelkoo ) is 4 hours.

Another question... does the 3800mAH weigh more? and is it physically bigger?

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Hour and a half to hour and 45 minutes... 2 hours with luck.
    That is an old laptop, and it hogs a lot of power for its small size.

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Hour and a half to hour and 45 minutes... 2 hours with luck.
    That is an old laptop, and it hogs a lot of power for its small size.

The batteries are the same size when specified for the same laptop. They just have more cells... cheap ones have 3 to 4 cells. Better ones have 5, 6, on up to 9 cells... all at an increased price.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.