TechSpot

Laptop Cooling Pad Help

By munch2477
Jul 10, 2007
  1. So i just figured out the problem with my laptop and its performance during cs source. The bottom gets really hot. I tried putting it on an ac vent and it solved the problem.

I think it is a good idea now to get a cooling pad but i need some serious help picking one out. Anyone have any suggestions on what a good cooling pad would be for my 15.4 inch widescreen inspiron 6000?

2. munch2477

munch2477 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 104

Geez everyone is leaving me out to dry here

3. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

munch, have you tried cleaning the dust out of the fan(s) and ducts first?

4. munch2477

I dont really know how to do that. I tried taking my laptop apart one time but it didnt seem to want to pull apart. I took out all the screws on the bottom but something seemed to hold it together. I dont know what to do. You know how to take apart the inspiron 6000?

5. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

not a clue, may just go with the cooling pad instead!

6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

Dell gives you the disassembly instructions on their website here.

7. munch2477

Well thanks guy. Ill have to check that out when i get a chance. I havent cleaned it out since i bought it so it might be worth it to mess around cleaning the inside of it. Think i might get a cooling pad anyway. Or at least just prop the back of the laptop up and blow a fan underneath

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.