Laptop cooling pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sills18

I've been looking up cooling pads for my 17in widescreen laptop. Once my laptop has been on for an hour or whenever I'm doing things on it the fans kick on. The fans are pretty loud for a laptop.

I was just wondering what you guys think?

or what laptop cooling pads you would recommend for a 17inch widescreen.

Put a couple dvd cases under the edges so most of the laptop is exposed to air rather than something solid. See if that helps. I've often considered getting one of those things you set the laptops on, but I just don't think it is worth the $30 or so. Mine runs fairly cool anyway (Powerbook G4).

highly recommended. Dells tend to run VERY hot. We have tons of them in the Army and I've seen many burn up.

I use one for my s96j, it helps a few degrees. I am a cooling freak so I bought it, but try what sngx said first. I use beer caps to raise it up.

Hi

there is a prog called I8kfan.gui that allows you to switch the fans on on the laptop. do a google on it, I use it for mine.

Regards

It just seems like every time I do something heavy like play a game, I touch the back and bottom and it seems to be a little warmer then it should be.

I did put it on something to raise it a little but it isn't making that much of a difference.

I will look that program up.

It's going to run hot no matter what you do.. DELL and HP get very hot after a while of usage. CPU, HDD, RAM get hot... Radio Shack use to sell Freeon in the can where you could spray the bottom of your laptop to keep it cool. The cooling pads work you'll have to get a better one than the ANTEC with Alun. There is a third party out there suppose to be better I was told here uses copper pipes instead of fans

http://www.xpcgear.com/notebookcooler.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back