Laptop for Sale?

I have a laptop and it doesn't work very good. Is it worth trying to sell? It boots up really slow and sometimes I can't even get it to turn on. Also, it has to be plugged in to work. Is this only battery problems?

i did the ebay thing-

i had a laptop that would boot, all the way to the desktop, but was really really slow.

plus it was a few years old.

i booted it up, and took pics of the laptop with desktop visible to show it was working, plus showed the two docking stations I had for it, then totally described problem: very slow, plus gave all specs (ram, chip, hd, wondows version).

i sold it for around $80 on ebay.

there are enthusiasts out there who will know the laptop, and will bid for it either because they believe they can get it working well, or will scavange it for parts.

so, just show it as best as you can, and auction it off.

main thing: be honest. that is what i did with mine, and I got great feedback fro mthe buyer for a laptop that would hardly do anything after booting. He / She totally knew what they were getting.

for all I know, they simply wanted the docking stations. But that is not my problem.

KelseyLynn, it has a value... if we knew the brand and model, we could perhaps suggest some values... but the purchase price can vary from region to region and country to country.
One good way to find out is to run a search for that brand and model on eBay and see what they sell for from day to day.
A good tech can probably make it work, but it can be expensive to hire someone else to upgrade it for sale.
Laptops take a price nosedive after two years, but most value is lost when you walk out of the store or open the shipping box.

Even just the power cord to the laptop will have some value on eBay; especially for someone with the same laptop who needs a cord.

Back