Laptop has no sound

By spideylad
Jul 27, 2008
  1. im having a problem with my laptop there is no sound the lastest drivers ar installed it finds the speakers everything is set to full and still no sound. I tried using y xbox 360 headset and i got sound bcause it was usb so im just wondering is my sound card on the mobo screwed or not its just annoying

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

so sound does work.
    It must be one of the settings, either in the Sound Program Group (in the Start menu) or in Control Panel under sounds
  3. spideylad

spideylad TS Rookie Topic Starter

no still no joy the everything is turned on and set 2 full so i dont know what it could be
  4. kimsland

Can you plug some external speakers into the green (usually) sound plug, and confirm if they work.

It may be the little laptop speakers have become diconnected (or faulty) inside
  5. spideylad

spideylad TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have tired the speakers off my pc wen i plug them in i hear a sound as its pluged in but nothing after that
  6. kimsland

Sorry I should have said, plug them in, then Restart your computer
    Some of the sound cards don't autodetect too well
  7. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TS Enthusiast Posts: 606

I got the same problem with my old PC and I was the sound card damage. If you use headset by USB and you get the sound then it is not a problem with you windows or speakers but well with your sound card.

I will recommend you to change to a new sound card and i would ask you to get a Realtek HD audio device as the sound is very nice and it does not cost a lot.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.