Laptop Issue

TheDevopsGuy

My brothers schoolwork laptop is frozen the problem occured like 2 days ago were the laptop seemed to be freezing for a couple of minutes and now when he trys to switch it on

Bios is not booting up.

and the only options he gets is launch in repair safe mode and start windows normally. which end up both the same in a black screen and a little black cursor with nothing to do but move the cursor.

after this happened my first reaction was for a complete format so I tried to install him a new copy of windows but my bootable device isnt even being recognized by the system it always ends up in the same screen for the windows startup.

edit:eek: ok so I dug a little more.psh..never had a laptop and found out the bios is on the asus logo screen.....well anyhow I booted up the system from the pendrive and the result is always the same the black screen with cursor only

Last edited:
The black screen with a blinking cursor means that the laptops bios can't find any bootable device. This device is the hard drive where Windows is installed. Yes, you will need a new hard drive installed and Windows will have to be re-loaded

The black screen with a blinking cursor means that the laptops bios can't find any bootable device. This device is the hard drive where Windows is installed. Yes, you will need a new hard drive installed and Windows will have to be re-loaded
thank you for clarification

Back