Laptop Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafficflow

. I know that desktops have different types of mobos etc,etc. Are laptops the same way where you have different types or styles? How do you determine
which one you have? I am asking in general so I can do some research.Thanks

The real trick about laptop motherboards, is their shapes and sizes are so much more critical... Even each model of each brand may require a different shaped board, or fit only in certain computer cases or shells.
You tell which one you have by the model of the computer, and by the identifying names and digits embossed on the board in white or beige or blue... sometimes red or green.
You will also find similarities.. Like HP and Compaq have similar board with widely different names... ACER, ASUS can be similar.
All companies are trying to cut costs by making more that are close to identical...
What is truly amazing, having been there, is most laptops are made in one of four provinces in China, and in the Philippines or Korea.
I saw one factory in China that made 27 different laptops for 6 US companies... they were shipped out the same day there were built and landed in Alaska for separation into different lots for delivery all over the Western World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back