Laptop not properly connecting to network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.chowder

Hi, I just bought a new laptop and a wireless router, and I'm having vast amounts of trouble with the network. The Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 9300, with a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection. The Router is a Dell Wireless 2350.

The problem I'm having is this: I can connect to the internet through the laptop, but other things, like MSN, the game EVE (an online game), and file sharing through the network, don't work. For the time being, I've switched the whole network back to our old router, and hooked the laptop up with a wire, but that didn't help.

When I first hooked up the wireless network, I was able to use MSN and play EVE on the laptop, but I've never been able to use the file sharing. File Sharing is enabled every way I know how (My C drive is set to shared, file and printer sharing is enabled on the connection, and I followed a troubleshooting guide on the windows website to help me out that involved enabling NetBios). I can share files between the other two computers on the net, but the laptop is unable to. I can even see the laptop's shared files from the other two computers, but I get an error when I try to access them.

LIST OF ERRORS:

When I try to use MSN: 80072efd
When I try to use EVE: Unable to Connect to 157.157.139.10 port 26000 (this is the EVE server I beleive)
When I try to 'View Workgroup Computers' from the laptop: Workgroup is not accesible. You might not have permission to use this network resource.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nevermind, problem solved. For future reference, make sure you know what programs on your computer are using firewalls (especially Norton).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back