Laptop overheats even though fan is always running

Status
Not open for further replies.

suntaxis

My laptop is overheats and shuts off regularly...every other day or so, I'd say. The fan runs even when my laptop is cool on the bottom and right when I start it up. It runs constantly, because it is my understanding that the heat sensors in the bios are not working. But since the fan IS running NON STOP...why would my computer still overheat?

unless the laptop is operating in an excessively hot environment or has surroundings that restrict airflow, it'll have to be sent in for repair. what it it's warranty status?

It's propped up off my desk about two inches so that it CAN get more air flow. It actually just overheated and shut down just a few minutes ago, even though the fan never stopped running. It's an 8 month old laptop, and it's under a three-year warranty

you dont have etrust antivirus/inoculan running do you? if so it may need patching i had this today with mine, look for a task called inotask.exe if thats at 100% thats whats causeing your laptop to over heat

probably not that, but worth a try i guess.

run a virus scan on it as well as ad aware and spybot. use AVG scanner from www.grisoft.com i think i used to have to same problem and have to prop up my laptop. Is your toshiba by anychance? just run theese and delete whatever is found i think that should sort it out as it did for mine.... PM me and tell me if this works or what does if ya can please thanks
toddy89

my laptop is always overheating..even when i prop it up on something. (my laptop is a toshiba) and it's not even a year old yet. it still does have a warranty..but i'm not sure if i should take it back. i kind of want to buy a cooler, which is supposed to prevent it from overheating but i really don't want to waste money.

Talk to your laptop's warranty folks on the phone now. You don't want to do anything that voids that warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back