Laptop screen full of static neon flickers and colors

SimplePianist

Having the same problems, browsers are fine, along with in-built tools [File Explorer, Control Panel, etc.]
However external apps, games, and services are having problems rendering properly.
Not sure how to fix it.
I've reinstalled my GPU drivers, they're up to date.
Doesn't seem like a GPU problem considering my browser is fine...
Screenshot 2022-02-20 224018.png

If this is a desktop computer you just need to try a 2nd known-good monitor or maybe try changing the video cable (maybe just a different video connector on the graphics card if you have a choice). If this is a laptop you just need a extra monitor that has a compatible video connector. Most laptops have a HDMI connector but some use other connectors (VGA, mini Displayport etc..).

There is a good chance you need a new screen here.

Update:
Managed to fix it after disabling and re-enabling my NVIDIA driver with Device Manager, not sure what steps I should take from here.

Update:
Managed to fix it after disabling and re-enabling my NVIDIA driver with Device Manager, not sure what steps I should take from here.
I'm surprised that worked. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to get your computer into Safe Mode and use this utility to remove the display driver:

Then you can download the latest driver right from Nvidia for your graphics card. =)

I've downloaded the latest driver.
Upon the removal of the NVIDIA Driver, everything was fine.
But after doing a re-install using NVIDIA, the problem persists.

I had an issue like that and it turned out to be a bad video cable. Is this a desktop? If you have another screen connect it. If it's a laptop and you don't have an issue with second screen the GPU is fine. Remember computers have integrated graphics on the processor and the GPU is a 2nd card.

Last edited:
Nope, it's a laptop.
I'm currently stuck using my integrated GPU and it's causing a multitude of problems, mostly performance and incompatibility issues with some games.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to test it on a different monitor [as I don't have one].
I'll try doing another reinstallation of the GPU driver.

Back