Laptop screen turns of immediately by inactivity (power saving options are all off)

My laptop (Toshiba satellite) desktop turns off immediately by inactive and turns on immediately by active. That means, for example, as soon as my mouse stops moving, the screen goes black and goes on, when I move the mouse again. If a video etc. is running in the background, the screen stays on. All power saving settings are switched off or set to never. Any idea how I can fix this? The problem exists on both Windows and Ubuntu.

My laptop (Toshiba satellite) desktop turns off immediately by inactive and turns on immediately by active. That means, for example, as soon as my mouse stops moving, the screen goes black and goes on, when I move the mouse again. If a video etc. is running in the background, the screen stays on. All power saving settings are switched off or set to never. Any idea how I can fix this? The problem exists on both Windows and Ubuntu.
That's a weird problem. Try a 2nd monitor plugged into the video out port to see if it sleeps too. I suspect the monitor is the issue since it happens on Ubuntu and Windows.

I would update the BIOS as well. If it's both Windows and Linux, it must be something pre-boot, like the BIOS. I have Windows suggestions. But the fact that is is happening in Linux too. The only common factor would be the BIOS...hmm...

Back