Laptop Suggestion: LG Gram, Lenovo Legion 7 Slim or Dell XPS 17

So I'm looking to upgrade my laptop next month and I'm considering 3 machines: The LG Gram, the Lenovo Legion 7 Slim and the Dell XPS 17. My budget is between $1500 - 1800 and it's basically for internet surfing, light gaming and streaming movies/shows. I don't upgrade often, maybe once every 10 years ...so my main concern is just getting the best all around rig for the money that will be as future proofed as possible. I would prefer 17'' but will take 15'' if it's a much better laptop or deal. I think the Dell XPS is a little out of my price range but there seems to be one on the Dell site under 'Deals' (just not sure if it's 'for real' a decent XPS). Suggestions ...and why you think it's better than the other two? Also I have seen on reviews that UHD will kill the battery life more of the laptop and unless you KNOW you need it (into hardcore gaming, which im not on laptops/pc's) ... you don't really need it? It's a big step up in price I might not need to consider. And, is the Intel I7-11800H still a pretty good CPU these days?

So I'm looking to upgrade my laptop next month and I'm considering 3 machines: The LG Gram, the Lenovo Legion 7 Slim and the Dell XPS 17. My budget is between $1500 - 1800 and it's basically for internet surfing, light gaming and streaming movies/shows. I don't upgrade often, maybe once every 10 years ...so my main concern is just getting the best all around rig for the money that will be as future proofed as possible. I would prefer 17'' but will take 15'' if it's a much better laptop or deal. I think the Dell XPS is a little out of my price range but there seems to be one on the Dell site under 'Deals' (just not sure if it's 'for real' a decent XPS). Suggestions ...and why you think it's better than the other two? Also I have seen on reviews that UHD will kill the battery life more of the laptop and unless you KNOW you need it (into hardcore gaming, which im not on laptops/pc's) ... you don't really need it? It's a big step up in price I might not need to consider. And, is the Intel I7-11800H still a pretty good CPU these days?
Since no one weighed in on this question I can only speak to the quality of Lenovo. They have an ultra-low failure rate and I think that would be my deciding factor. The I7 is great but they DO run hot. I usually try to source the Ryzen CPUs. You can check the performance of all the CPUs you are considering on Passmark's website> https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Usually, when I Google a CPU it shows me this website.

Back