Laptop vs iPad

learninmypc

I think it was in this thread I was told battery wasn't good & I'd have to leave it plugged in 24/7,365 which defeats the "mobile" part :(.
I'm wondering which you people think is a better deal, an iPad or getting a battery for this laptop?
I have been googling the model # for this laptop battery but ???? I think this is the correct number VGP-BPS9/S 11. 1V/4800mAh

Think it really depends on what you want to do w/ the device & your budget. Looks like you can get 3rd party battery for < $50. Tablet cost way more. If you go w/ tablet, does it have to be an iPad? What about non-Apple product?

You going to do a lot of emailing/typing? Spreadsheet? For me, I'd have to dock the tablet to a keyboard. Working w/ finger and the touch screen w/o a mouse pointer isn't easy.

I'd basically be using is like the iPhone I have now. I failed to mention the lady friend that sold me the iPhone might be getting me a 2nd hand iPad which is why I started this thread. In my google searches, I think it was the Sony site that said no batteries were in stock.
My bad again, I think it was jobeard that said something about a bad CMOS battery? And speaking of such, as I was typing this reply out, the screen went black & I was forced to pull the plug & remove battery. Upon booting up, had to reset the time & date again. Maybe an iPad is my answer. Your thoughts ?:)

So screen goes black & froze, so you force the shutdown by unplugging and took out the battery? I haven't read the post you linked, but sounds like this has been an ongoing problem. And I assume you've tried factory restore.

Maybe the laptop is on its last leg. The used iPad might be the way to go, rather than trying this and that. Probably will save you the frustration.

So screen goes black & froze, so you force the shutdown by unplugging and took out the battery? I haven't read the post you linked, but sounds like this has been an ongoing problem. And I assume you've tried factory restore.

Maybe the laptop is on its last leg. The used iPad might be the way to go, rather than trying this and that. Probably will save you the frustration.
Yes, I did the forced shutdown & removed the battery,waited a few minutes & put the AC power cord back in & booted it up. I did put the battery back in since somebody told me in a previous thread I should.
When I first got it , I did a factory restore. Since then, its shut down maybe 2 or 3 times, can't remember.
I'll find out about the iPad later today,I hope. Thank you.

Back