My laptops, hp dv4000, had stopped getting on AC power (charger was fine), so I had it examined by the local repairman and he said that "charging I.C." is damaged and need to be replaced. I had him change the I.C. When it got repaired and I went to take it back, it stopped running on battery (at his shop), upon which he said that the damaged I.C. on the last boot had damaged the battery too and now battery is dead (so I have ordered a new battery, which will arrive in some days). Now when I had taken it back home, it worked fine when I watched a movie (for 2 hrs), but then when I closed the movie and started reading a pdf it turned off in 5 mins. Then I carried a self-examination and found that it works fine when it is on high power consumption (or probably at high CPU usage) like watching movies or songs, but it turns off (as if power is cut) whenever placed idle or used lowly like reading e-books or using word or things that require less CPU usage. The battery is currently taken off (I had the repairman repair the battery so I didn't have it now to check if it works fine with battery.) Its not heating up (physically), the HWmonitor report is posted below. Please, any help would be appreciated. Had the repairman cheated and done something wrong. Before repair, everything was like for more that two years. please help!!!! Note: I found the area around charger port relatively much hotter than the whole laptop.