Laptops turning off by itself

My laptops, hp dv4000, had stopped getting on AC power (charger was fine), so I had it examined by the local repairman and he said that "charging I.C." is damaged and need to be replaced. I had him change the I.C. When it got repaired and I went to take it back, it stopped running on battery (at his shop), upon which he said
that the damaged I.C. on the last boot had damaged the battery too and now battery is dead (so I have ordered a new battery, which will arrive in some days).
Now when I had taken it back home, it worked fine when I watched a movie (for 2 hrs), but then when I closed the movie and started reading a pdf it turned off in 5 mins.
Then I carried a self-examination and found that it works fine when it is on high power consumption (or probably at high CPU usage) like watching movies or songs, but it turns off (as if power is cut) whenever placed idle or used lowly like reading e-books or using word or things that require less CPU usage.
The battery is currently taken off (I had the repairman repair the battery so I didn't have it now to check if it works fine with battery.)
Its not heating up (physically), the HWmonitor report is posted below. Please, any help would be appreciated. Had the repairman cheated and done something wrong. Before repair, everything was like for more that two years. please help!!!!
Note: I found the area around charger port relatively much hotter than the whole laptop.

Attachments

• CPU report.JPG
    CPU report.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 5
HWMonitor would give a readout on the battery but you don't have it. I think that you'll just have to wait for the replacement battery and see how things go after that.

2005 laptop, battery has lasted this long time to replace it along with the PSU and cord. External one. With something like this you can get Onn laptop cooling 120mm turbo fan with variable toggle hi/low speed. This is so cheap depends where you buy from. Walmart branded item. I have own two of these and they help reduce the temp.

So you see 141F I was getting 154F with Onn on it's down to 120F so it does help. I hope this repair guy hasn't charge so much to repair a 9 year old laptop.

Sorry for using an old model but I hadn't purchased it the time it was launched. I am using it for four years. Anyways, I would try your advice.

Back