TechSpot

Latest Battlefield 4 patch attacks camera height issues, crashing, hit-detection problems

By Russ Boswell
Dec 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Let me start off by saying that I am one of the unfortunate ones that is attempting to play Battlefield 4 on an Xbox One. I say unfortunate because I still don't have have access to the newest patch that...

Read more
  2. Wow! what a POS game!
    Is this an EA game!? oh snap! it is!! I knew it...
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  3. It's guests like you that give guests like me a bad name...

The game works fine for me. The frame-rate at which another player see's you can also be affected by internet link speeds. I've had the game crash twice in over a month which is nothing to cry about. After this patch though I've noticed now there seems to be an issue showing the friendly-player icon above the players head...odd.
    *nerd*
  4. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

This has been an issue since the game was first released, mainly when in Hardcore mode but yeah, the blue dots above peoples heads has always been quite glitchy and is usually the reason you get team killed a lot.

Overall though it is a big improvement, I stopped playing it for the last couple of weeks but got a proper play through last night and I must say it is much improved, very happy now, still a few niggles and the one shot bug still exists in certain scenarios, but still no where near as annoying and frustrating as before, Love it now.
  5. That's a BF3 screenshot...
    NimbusTLD likes this.
  6. They couldnt get BF4 working for a screen dump :p
    NimbusTLD likes this.
  7. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 371   +69

Why did I loose interest for bf4 so fast?
  8. AlanCasseb

AlanCasseb TS Rookie

I've noticed that only on teammates that are squad leaders (little star on top). The blue dots only show when you're aiming directly at them. Very anoying.
  9. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Enthusiast Posts: 398   +35

Still playing BF3... works good.
    NimbusTLD likes this.
  10. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +174

There's been good progress considering the amount wrong. I still got a client crash post this patch but in game is quite solid now. Just wish this was the level of stability of the beta.

Also DICE now have a bugfix/issues tracker thread now. That's a positive in transparency for me...
  11. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,496   +304

It is the most annoying thing in the game currently, I don't get why Dice haven't mentioned it at all, if it's by designit's really gay xD

12. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Last week after a patch, I started having a very bad crashing issue with the game. I would crash at the end of every game at the minimum...sometimes it would happen midgame. After the patch from a few days ago, I haven't crashed a single time (outside my memory issues). The only time I crash is running the game on the highest settings 5970x1080 (run out of ram @ 16gb). I dropped the gun effects to high and left everything else at ultra and it never crashes.
  13. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,159   +174

If you aren't getting crashes then you aren't trying hard enough! :p

Most of the crashes I experience are action related like jumping a railing then hitting the prone button, sprint and turning 90 degrees simultaneously or something else obscure. They are 100% definitely still there and there are still quite a few of them.
  14. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

I mentioned the memory bug that I have but I think that's because it actually takes that much ram for ultra on three screens.
    Haven't been trying? Phesh, I have over 100 hours already. I feel like I have no life outside battlefield and grad school.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.