TechSpot

LCD Monitor Ghosting, how can be fixed?

By rmdl51
Jan 10, 2007
  1. Hello! I'm setting up a gaming system and want to test it. The problem is that I'm getting a very bad ghosting in all my LCD Monitors, why?, if I plug another computer on the LCD's doesn't have this issue, the gaming machine doesn't have this problem on a CRT Monitor, The LCD Monitors work great with no ghosting in a different PC, I tried to change Resolution and Frequency with no luck at all, do I need to tweak the Video card or something? Video Card is ATI Sapphire X1900. Thanks.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

New one for us. Please let us know when you get the solution. Were it not for the fact it works ok on another machine, I would blame the monitor and/or the video graphics... but I suspect it is something to do with the monitor.
    We install a lot of flat panel monitors... three to four a day... we do see strange artifacts of all kinds on the cheap monitors which have only a one year warranty... Envision, KDS, and so on... but have not yet seen ghosting.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.