TechSpot

LCD won't turn on

By probizzle
Sep 1, 2008
  1. hi my friend gave me her laptop to fix cuz the lcd wont turn on andi thought she just might of messed with the display functions or soemthing. well that wasnt it. so i tryed hooking it up to my vga monitor and nothing comes up. i hear the computer loading up and turn on but i get no display what so ever. any tips would help thanks

the laptop is a

gateway
    model # t-1616

2. probizzle

probizzle TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

well im not sure if it even is loading up windows or anything i hear and feel the fan air coming out but i dont hear the hd spinning or anything. but even if it was the hard drve it should still show up on the screen.

3. probizzle

anybody know?

4. lamo

lamo TS Rookie Posts: 570

is it shows to external monitor?

5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

6. probizzle

ive tried that im not sure if the computer booting up will it swich monitors if the computer is not actualy in windows cuz she has a password at the logon screen

7. lamo

if laptop turned on with already connected monitor,it'll show the image.

8. probizzle

ive tried diffrent monitors while the computer was on and nothing i pushed fn+f4 and nothing happend either

9. lamo

well, so this is laptop,that won't start. you need the POST-card(if this laptop has mini-pci slot). or take the unit to service-centre.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.