Leaked images suggest new Apple lightning cable could be reversible at both ends

By Shawn Knight
Aug 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The rumor mill is in full swing with just over three weeks remaining until Apple unveils its next generation iPhone. We've seen a number of purported iPhone parts leak over the past few months but the most interesting of all could...

Read more
  2. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 735   +259

I don't know why they didn't have the foresight to make convenient plugs like that in the first place...
  3. Qrox

Qrox TS Enthusiast Posts: 41   +9

How about I throw out this crazy idea, but maybe, just maybe you could just use the new USB format -_-.
    Apple sure like to create useless solutions to problems that have already been solved.
  4. Umm, Apple solved it first.
  5. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,601   +370

The invertible USB plug doesn't actually solve the main issue with a USB plug. The problem is it doesn't plug in nicely even when plugged in the correct way. If it did, you wouldn't hear people complaining that they "tried that way already but this time it worked". Happens *all the time*. Someone tries it one way, doesn't seem to go in, flips it, tries again, doesn't work, flips back and it goes in this time.

The Lightning connector is a much connector. Note. I am no big Apple fan but credit where credit is due. This connector just works.