TechSpot

Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

By LookinAround
Dec 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I'm creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem. Here's what I tried and, at least in my case, how i solved a "mouse left click doesn't work" problem

I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries. The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech wireless mouse but left click didn't work (although rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine)

Things i first tried that didn't help:
    > Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers
    > Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware
    > Pressing the "reconnect" button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse
    > Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries

Then i had a hunch (well, it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked!)
    I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it. When i put batteries back in the next morning, the mouse has been working fine again ever since. Go figure :stickout:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,167   +37

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that. :)

3. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 8,373   +167

Hi Route44 :wave:

I don't know either :stickout: but occured to me it might force some type of reset if all power is drained (similar to removing batteries too long from a remote control)

But even more interesting, i think.... My mouse problem and solution actually reminded me of a time, several years ago. I solved a problem on a friend's computer where no USB device would get recognized on any of their computer's USB ports.
    > Till I unplugged their computer and let it sit overnight. The USB ports worked again in the morning!

/* edit */
    And, wow, I was curious, googled, and look at this post i found here. Seems that solution for No USB device recognized on all ports wasn't such a rare occurence for that specific problem either!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.