Lenovo announces Mixx Windows 8 convertible, Ideapads with discrete GPUs, 1080p LCDs

By Rick
Jun 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Continuing to bolster its line-up of touchable consumer computers, Lenovo has announced the expansion its IdeaPad "S" and "U" laptop line-up. Amongst the fresh offerings are an 11.6-inch S210 and 13.3-14-inch U models equipped with Haswell silicon and optional 1080p...

Read more
  2. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,651   +506

They were probably thinking, oh, Mercedes just released the new S400, S500, we should call our laptops the same way to bolster sales...oh look, I just bought a new S500 - naaiiice... :)
  3. The S210 sounds ideal for me. I have a Chromebook which is perfect as a coffee table computer, but I miss a few actual applications other than the browser, like a decent Skype/instant messenger client. The only thing that would make it better in my opinion would be to use Windows RT and an ARM chip instead of Intel.
  4. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 947   +45

Every time I see "optional AMD/Nvidia Geforce GPU" from lenovo it always disappoints... I hope they start breaking that trend.
  5. TheBigFatClown

TheBigFatClown TechSpot Booster Posts: 413   +139

Nobody WANTS Windows 8. You can mix it with cherries, you can mix it with vodka, you can mix it with sugar. You can mix it with anything you want. Nobody wants it!!!
  6. TheinsanegamerN

TheinsanegamerN Newcomer, in training

Based on the terrible build quality and poor battery life of the ivy bridge models....I wouldnt hold my breath. these things will probably fall apart after a couple of months.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,911   +724

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case.
  8. stateofjermaine

stateofjermaine Newcomer, in training

Heh, well, I do. After installing Start8, I have no complaints.
    VitalyT likes this.
  9. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,651   +506

It's because Windows 8 is for people with open mind somewhat more than for those busy mixing drinks or smoking pot ;)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.