TechSpot

Lenovo launches Classmate+ academic notebook

By Matthew
Mar 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo and Intel have announced a new Classmate+ academic notebook designed for students in grades K-8. Based on the Intel Learning Series reference design, Lenovo has tweaked the system to its liking and stamped it with its own brand. Nonetheless, the system will come pre-loaded with Intel's Learning Series software suite along with other specialized educational software.

Read the whole story

2. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

Ugliest body I've ever seen on a PC. Say what you will about Lenovo being this and that, but they really need to get better designers. It's one of the reasons I won't even consider Lenovo when buying a computer, or recommending an OEM.

3. dcrosenthal

dcrosenthal Banned Posts: 25

@ Nima304

I agree... Looks like something you would see in an elementry school in China... lol..

4. lalaman

lalaman TS Member Posts: 25

maybe cuz it IS for elementary school =\ ?

5. Lenovo have been supplying the Australian NSW Department of Education with Laptops for the last 2 Years. Every Student in years 9-12 in a Public school will have a laptop by term 1 next year, at present, years 9-11 students all have their own personal laptop. Looks like Lenovo have tried to use what they learned from this project to get a mainstream model out there for the rest of the world.

6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,506   +498

Most probable Lalaman, maybe you are asking too much if you ask for people to read

7. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 347   +26

LOL

Don't bother some some folks. Any moment now Princeton will come prancing here and say you don't have any logic and that this device is inferior to his hexa-SLI setup or something.

8. Sarcasm

Sarcasm TS Guru Posts: 347   +26

I meant "with some"

9. bonniesmith

bonniesmith TS Rookie Posts: 40

Cut the Windows 7 and add Ubuntu and it's a perfect netbook, until than it's worthless. W7 is too heavy.

10. herpaderp

herpaderp TS Booster Posts: 151

^
    This isn't being sold to regular consumers, and I'm pretty sure that if this is INTEL software, it likely won't be on anything other than windows and MAYBE osx, so of course it'll come with windows 7.

11. bakape

bakape TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

Win7 and 1 gig RAM...I don't know.

Seriously, cut the crap and go Ubuntu, or Chromium OS once its out.

12. mosu

mosu TS Guru Posts: 422   +48

who TF is princeton?

13. bakape

bakape TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

Stop it! You're summoning a daemon. :)

14. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,270   +91

I giggled. Really.

15. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,677

There's an edit button for a reason.

Mmhmm. Honestly your insults don't mean much when they're unbelievably silly. I run a modest setup with a single GPU. Don't bother trying to spread your BS, you're just going to make yourself look less credible.