Lenovo T60 assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewybo

My daughter is buying a Lenovo T60 with Core2Duo 1.66 processor. I am going to add a memory upgrade (among other things), but am confused about the configuration of the RAM. All the documentation I have found so far says that the max RAM for this model is 3GB. That's not a problem, as I want to install two 1GB sticks of DDR2 667.

My question is- the recommended config for three gigs is: 1x2048 DDR2 667, and 1x2048 DDR2 533. ???? Do any of you know if installing two 1024 DDR2 667's is going to work? Cause a problem? Can't find any literature directly related to what I want to do.

Oh-- along the same lines- anyone familiar with Mushkin memory? Have never used it, nor do I know anyone that has. Reliable?

Thanks to all-:knock: :suspiciou

had the recommended RAM config wrong- it's correct now.

Probly

kitty500cat said:
Just get 667 memory, and if you need to underclock it, you should be able to do that, right?

Yah- I wiuld think so. I'm just unfamiliar with laptops- there are so many proprietary thingies- Office for Lenovo- RAM for Lenovo, etc., and hate going through RMA and re-stocking fee hassles. I imagine it'll work.

No experience with Mushkin RAM?:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back