TechSpot

Leonardo DiCaprio rumored to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, Danny Boyle to don director's hat

1. After The Social Network's David Fincher failed to reach a deal with Sony Pictures, the studio is now in talks with Oscar winning director Danny Boyle to direct the Aaron Sorkin-penned Steve Jobs biopic, and the latter is said to have...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

Good actor, but no resemblance. I don't know how they plan to pull it off, or better question - why.

3. Can someone please explain to me why they are doing a reboot of Steve Jobs?

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,439   +559

I can't see DiCaprio as Jobs. He can probably play the part, but it seems like too big of an obstacle to overcome DiCaprio's on-screen image.

5. lmike6453

lmike6453 TS Rookie Posts: 98   +6

I also agree that Dicaprio cannot play the role as well as others like Ashton Kutcher...

6. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,688   +60

Ill always rem jobs as the guy with to big a ego to get his cancer treated

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,183   +767

I'd watch an hour long autobiography of Jobs on The History Channel and that's about it but I certainly wouldn't waste my time or money on his biopic, I'd rather watch a biopic of Einstein, Franklin or even Isaac Newton and Thomas Alva Edison for that matter, at least they all helped or benefited mankind in some way. Apart from make money and threaten people with their jobs (is that a pun?), what did he do to benefit mankind?

8. Because the majority of their fan base is obsessed with a man whom they have no true painted picture of who he REALLY was. So to encourage the fanatic fans they create a movie to make him seem like the golden egg of an entire technology era. Fact is he was pretty cold-hearted and has no evidence of donating even 1% of what he had in the bank. Apparently our society places people like Steve Jobs on a pedestal while dismissing true hero's of our time.

*nerd*

9. Whatever.

10. Reason: Lots of people will watch it. Very lots.

11. kamz999

kamz999 TS Rookie Posts: 19

Leo still wont get any oscar... LOL

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.