TechSpot

Lexmark error message

By jonti007
Dec 11, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a lexmark 2500 all in one printer, it has worked fine till recently when i got an error message when trying to print. It said "Unsupported cartridge" The cartridge has been working for months and is a lexmark cartridge, so I have bought another and I have got the same message.
    I have reinstalled the drivers, I have unplugged the printer for an hour or so, but still the same
    Any Ideas Anyone Please
  2. PrintMaster

PrintMaster TS Rookie

Hello, the cartridge may be defective or the cartridge may not be seating properly in the carrier. I was able to find the following at the Lexmark site. You may be able to get some help using the Chat or calling the Lexmark number for support.
    support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_X2500&segment=SUPPORT&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1260904780382&actp=search&userlocale=EN_US&id=SO4741
  3. ethrestroh

ethrestroh TS Rookie

If the correct toner cartridge is installed, it may not be seated correctly. Because of this reason, you are getting this error message.For that, do the following:
    1. Turn off the printer.
    2. Reseat the toner cartridge.
    3. Close the lid.
    4. Power the printer back on and check the display.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.