Lexmark x6170 doc printing light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm hoping someone will take pity and help me with this problem, but after reading all the *Hate* Lexmark printers posts. puke:
I don't know, but here's the deal:

I have a Lexmark x6170 All in One and the black ink was low and printing light... no biggie. Then I added a new black cartridge, but it was still light.

Nothing has worked. I've gone into the *control panal* and moved the light/dark arrow to the darkest. I've pulled the cartridge, the USB cord and just for the fun, reinstalled the driver. All of which was in vain and now I need some advice:

Is there anything else I can do? My warranty is up at the end of the month, of course. So, the clock is ticking...

Thanks, S

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Somewhere in the Lexmark software is a cleaning programme that will clean the print heads. Try that, if it don`t solve the problem, could it be that the new cartridge is faulty?

You could always have it looked at under the terms of the warranty. Even though the warranty runs out at the end of this month.

You could always use the Lexmark as a door stop,(they make excellent doorstops), and get yourself a Canon printer instead lol.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

What does the Maintenance Center look like???

I heard back from Lexmark and they said to wipe down the "Maintenance Station" which can be found on the right side on the bottom behind the fix cover and that it might be very small. Well, I guess I'm clueless because I just don't see it.

Can anyone describe what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance and Howard I might just have to take your, "Door Stop" advice! :cool:

~S~

Shebe said:
I heard back from Lexmark and they said to wipe down the "Maintenance Station" which can be found on the right side on the bottom behind the fix cover and that it might be very small. Well, I guess I'm clueless because I just don't see it.

Can anyone describe what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance and Howard I might just have to take your, "Door Stop" advice! :cool:

~S~

I`m afraid I can`t help you there. Did you try another cartridge?

You`ve still got time to get it repaired under the warranty, but personally I`d just bin it, and get a Canon printer. Very reliable with cheap cartridges to boot.

I once had a Lexmark printer and it was nothing but trouble. Never again.

Cheap printers, mega expensive cartridges, and totally crap.

That`s why you see the hate Lexmark posts.

Regards Howard :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back