LG CDRW drive won´t go go back

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LG CDRW "car"(the place where you put the cd) won´t go go back. Everytime I press the open/close button it closes and opens up again.
It stays as secondary slave. I also have 2 hardrives. One as primary and other as secondary master.

[]´s

Rafael

does it close all the way back in or does it look asthough something is stopping it? Also does this happen even if you reboot with it closed, then open it up and close it again?

That was it, I´ve solved that by puting the cd-rw as secondary master and the harddrive as primery slave.(before I had cd-rw as secondary and primey slave and both hard drives as masters. They worked fine, but the cd-rw had the door opening problem). However, the harddrive won´t work now. It´s seems like my storage devices refuse to be slaves. Here´s my current configuaration:

Primary master: Hd
Primary slave:HD
Secondary master: CD-rw
Secondary slave: None.

Anything I set as a slave doesn´t work. Bios recognizes the harddrive, but windows doesn´t. I´ll see how it goes on linux. Thanks anyway.

[]´s

Rafael

Are you using 80-wire IDE cables? With those the plugs matter - blue is controller, black master, grey slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back