TechSpot

LG G2 IPS display weird problem - video for explanation

By nadyia10
Jun 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The video is 1 min and 14 sec, yet only the couple first seconds is enough to understand the problem. what could be the problem for?

as you can see, half of the screen display colors correctly, the other half, the colors and texts and smudged, they are there but smudged and not applicable to read or view

2. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Enthusiast Posts: 192   +22

Can you still RMA it, or did you do something that is not covered by the warranty?

3. nadyia10

nadyia10 TS Rookie Topic Starter

No I don't have a warrantee, I bought it from a previous ATT customer. unlocked by ATT and I am using it on tmboile. I was using it for two months, until this incident

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,250   +1,549

5. nadyia10

how would you fix the backlight on a phone IPS display ?

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

The whole display will have to be replaced. This is not an easy thing to do, but it can be done. A new phone may be in your near future...

7. nadyia10

I guess I will replace the display then, and report back if the issue persisted or not. replacing the phone display is not hard for me, have done it before on nexus 5, iPhone and xperia Z.

8. Tmagic650

Yes, I have replaced a few myself. Good luck:)

9. nadyia10

Done with success... I Tested the display, and ran some diagnostics at my school labs with the help of a friend. we found that the issue was because of the backlighting of the display, and also the matrix liquid inside the screen have partially ruptured.
    Definitely was the screen, phew! I was scared it would have been something else after purchasing a new display.

10. Tmagic650

Great! thanks for the update

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.