TechSpot

LG targets multitaskers with new UltraWide all-in-one PC

By David Tom
Aug 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. LG added a new product to its lineup of All-in-one PCs today. The unconventional looking device features an IPS 21:9 UltraWide display and is powered by an Nvidia GeForce GT 640M graphics chip. According to the press release, it will ship...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,971   +586

Nice looking package. However, nothing about the spec except for the video system usually means there is really nothing there to be proud of, some Dog Inside... but, we'll see soon if I'm right about it...

3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,065   +919

Eh, I hate AIOs but this is nice.

4. dikbozo

dikbozo TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

"So why would anyone want so much extra real estate?"

You must be joking. As anyone who has used multiple screens on a single system will tell you, you never have enough desktop. 2560x1080 is a good amount as it compares nicely with my 2880x900 dual monitors. As a single screen it may be both better and worse than a dual set up in that it 'should' have a smaller footprint but would be less flexible(if need be I can stack mine one on top of the other or go side by side with portrait mode). When using multiple apps and windows it is much easier to keep track of where you are and what you are doing with One Big Display. If I were to get something like this I would probably end up adding a monitor or two to it anyway as I am that kind of guy.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.