TechSpot

LG's 'Knock Code' feature arriving on G2 and G Flex smartphones

1. LG has announced that it will bring its much advertised Knock Code feature to some of its key smartphones this year. The new feature divides the smartphone screen into four different quadrants, and allows users to activate and unlock the...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

This looks pretty cool and useful but why does it look like its groundbreaking like having a 3month battery life on the galaxy s5, I mean its not groundbreaking in anyway so why are they advertising it like a company would if they created a 100PB hard drive in 2014?

3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,752   +1,107

Looks like a great way to unlock a phone. Good thinking LG!

In other news HTC released a new flagship phone today... the HTC One M8. :)
    http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one-m8/

Even if you're not interested in the phone, the webpage they put together to show it off is very cool.

4. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +711

"The level of security provided by the new feature is far greater than other devices, "even those with fingerprint recognition systems", the company claims."

This says more about how useless fingerprint readers are than it does about LG's new Simon-style security. Also, how did they miss the chance to call this system "Knock-lock" or "LG-Spot"?

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

I like this idea, it seems far better than pattern unlocking tends to mess me about.