Limewire wont open

I downloaded Limewire and when I try to open it I am getting a message
to downloaded Java, I have Java downloaded and Limewire still wont open.
any suggestions ?

Regardless;

After downloading and installing Java, test to see if your environment knows of and can launch Java.
Get a command prompt and enter java -version (that is case sensitive too). You have not got it installed properly until you get a three line output with the version number.

If he google's limewire. He will see the latest Java dose not work with Limewire. Limewire has not been updated in years. Matter of fact I am not to sure it even works anymore.

http://www.limewire.com/
ATTENTION
LimeWire is under a court order dated October 26, 2010 to stop distributing the LimeWire software. A copy of the injunction can be found here. LimeWire LLC, its directors and officers, are taking all steps to comply with the injunction. We have very recently become aware of unauthorized applications on the internet purporting to use the LimeWire name. We demand that all persons using the LimeWire software, name, or trademark in order to upload or download copyrighted works in any manner cease and desist from doing so. We further remind you that the unauthorized (go to link above for the rest)

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371590,00.asp

Thats what I kinda thought. That was about the time the crap hit the fan over. People downloading the latest songs . Instead of buying them. A lot of the artist of the songs were complaining.:)

If he google's limewire. He will see the latest Java dose not work with Limewire. Limewire has not been updated in years. Matter of fact I am not to sure it even works anymore.
I do not support piracy or peer-peer file sharing which almost certainly is a violation of copyright.
However, I elected to provide a direct answer to the question on Java as there are valid and legal uses for it and the install issue is a common bump in the road.

I do not support piracy or peer-peer file sharing which almost certainly is a violation of copyright.
However, I elected to provide a direct answer to the question on Java as there are valid and legal uses for it and the install issue is a common bump in the road.

I understand you gave him a valid answer. But from our understanding it will not help him. Limewire is not up and running any more. That is what we were trying to say. Sorry if you thought we were not supporting your answer.

Thanks - - however, where ever possible, I think we ought to answer the OP's question. We can THEN pass on information, good/bad idea (with WHY), legal/illegal, works/doesn't work.

That's just me :grin:

I've often heard stories of people getting viruses with Limewire. That has been enough to keep me away. I never have used Limewire and every time I saw it installed, I couldn't seem to get it uninstalled quick enough.

Thanks - - however, where ever possible, I think we ought to answer the OP's question. We can THEN pass on information, good/bad idea (with WHY), legal/illegal, works/doesn't work.

That's just me :grin:

Your welcome:)

I've often heard stories of people getting viruses with Limewire. That has been enough to keep me away. I never have used Limewire and every time I saw it installed, I couldn't seem to get it uninstalled quick enough.

Yes that is a true fact. I spent many hours removing virus and what not from my son's computer. When he used it.

Thank you for all the replies, I thought maybe they went legit and I expected
to pay to download music, I definetly will be deleting it. Any suggestions on a good site for music to download?

Back