Lindows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? From what I've read it's quite good, though a bit too "userfriendly" like Xp for my tastes...

But I might just put it on a partition to see how good the support for winapps is... If it's good enough.... :)

I guess the only reason I dont like it too much is because most programs are made to used under a Microsoft OS..so I guess it's just because of it not being able to use all the Windows Programs I like so much. But I guess I'll change my vote here..I like Lindows...I cant wait till better version come out though...something that can compete better with MS....

Hehehe... I can understand you'd like to see better support for windows apps...

We'll probably see more apps with support for linux/lindows if they manage to get a bigger share of the desktop market...
Until then we can use wine or some other program which'll add support for windows apps.... :)

Yes yes...Microsoft pretty much has the desktop to itself right now...but that cant last forever....If the Rebels defeated the Empire in Star Wars..than Linux can atleast take some of the desktop pc's for itself within the next 5 years...:p

In order to destroy the Evil Empire you have to throw a bomb into a ventilation shaft of MS headquarters and throw Bill Gates into a bottomless pit... :D

Wel then perhaps were better off just colonizing mars, and only alowing Linux based systems there.....Cause MS owns earth:dead: ..as far as software....

Nodsu> LOL! Great post! Cheered me right up :)

Vassil> I don't think we'll have to migrate to Mars to get away from MS... We just have to make ppl aware that Linux isn't as bad as MS says....

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Why not? From what I've read it's quite good, though a bit too "userfriendly" like Xp for my tastes...

But I might just put it on a partition to see how good the support for winapps is... If it's good enough.... :)

The Compatibility is not very good, it is essentially just a built in copy of WINE. I tried Lindows V2 and the Windows emulation was more unstable than Windows itself.

Lindows looks nice, but then again so can any Linux Distro.

If you don't like emulation, why not use native apps? There are tons of apps for Linux, no Wine needed.
I don't miss any Window$ app ;)

I think that the mere fact that a computer user is looking at an OS other than Microsoft is worthy of note. Lindows might not be to my tastes, but if it works for you then good. Why not post some more information about your experiences with it and other information??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back