TechSpot

Linksys wireless g router 2.4 ghz speedbooster Acting funny

By foreverzero89
Apr 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok when i woke up this morning and tried to get on the internet i found that my ethernet light on my modem was out. so i try everything i know and still nothing, then while on tech support(free) i noticed that the orange light on the router to the left was out and all the ethernet port lights were on. so i pulled the power cord out and back in and then everything was working fine. now i know there is a hardware firewall, my question: did the router catch some nasty virus or something in that catagory and this was some kind of "safe" mode?

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

No. :confused:
    Routers do occasionally fall over.It`s when it starts happening regularly you need to worry.

Lots of ideas HERE about updating firmware,static IPs,DHCP etc.

3. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 246

ok i see what i need to do just not how to do it, if you could please tell me what i need to do it would be most apprecated, thank you!

4. Peddant

If this is the first and only problem you`ve had with the router,you don`t need to do anything,although having the latest firmware is always a good idea. HERE

If you keep getting "crashes" setting a static IP might be an option,if it isn`t already static.HERE

5. foreverzero89

foreverzero89 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 246

it definatly is the first, but i have only had it for about 2 months. i don't think it should be messing up so soon.

6. Peddant

More interesting comments HERE

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.