Linux mandrake 8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats does everyone think of linux mandrake 8.2?
I'm currently running it right now as my main OS, and i just love it!

not beta

ti already seen the thread and read it, its about the beta versions i'm talking about the stable version.......

I'm downloading 8.2 now. I will tell you what i think when im done (About 4 hours left @ 38k/s)

Im currently using Redhat 5.2 and im sure ANYTHING will be an improvement. Its not user friendly at all. I cant even workout how to shut the computer down :p

Im currently using Redhat 5.2 and im sure ANYTHING will be an improvement. Its not user friendly at all. I cant even workout how to shut the computer down :p

OMG! You can d/l stuff at such speed and you didn't upgrade yer Linux installation? That's too much! :D

Well, to shut down from any Linux distro, quit X and type shutdown -H now... If memory serves me correctly :D

Originally posted by lokem

I thought the 3 finger salute only reboots the machine but doesn't shut it down?

Ah yes... That'll work as well; thanks for the tip!

Actually yes, you are right. I was not thinking straight. That's because my machine really isn't shutdown ever instead of after EXTREME frag fests so its just rebooted to switch operating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back