linux or xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its abit like which is better Ford or Holden. Or which Religion in the right one.l use linux and windows so l can have the best of both worlds. All you have to do is set your machine up to dual boot and presto you have both.
l know that you didnt ask but if you dont yet have a linux distro try suse10.2 and Fedora Core6 both are really easy to install and not to bad to use.

There's some Linux distributions that you can check out without installing, if you want to try them out. Kanotix, Knoppix, puppy linux, Suze and quite a few others have "live cd's" that will boot off of your cdrom. What you probably want to do with these is see which one or ones will recognize your hardware. Knoppix, Kanotix and the latest Puppy Linux (2.14) all recognize all of my hardware and run beautifully on my Toshiba. Usually these live cd's will guide you thru installing on a hard drive. Going to their respective websites will give you detailed info on installing a dual boot. I doubt whether Bill Gates will tell you how to install a dual boot on a windows machine but the Linux site will.
The following site will show you a lot of the live cd's available for download free for your try out:
http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

matthew19 said:
what's best to use linux or windows xp
qualify B E S T.
usability
thruput,
reliability
ease to configure
adding software
playing game
best price/performance
lease expense​
oh, least I forget --- how do you intend to use you best(xp, Linux)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back