Liquid Cooling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have had this computer for a while now, a year or so, and it's been fine and never given me any problems at all... Untill a couple of weeks ago, that is. It seems to have developed a habbit of switching itself off, just a complete power cut. From what I understand that's commonly associated with heat problems, and one thing I noticed about my liquid cooling was that the liquid in the tubes had just stopped moving around the system when it's active. I don't have the first clue how to fix this or whats caused it to happen or anything.

It seems to work for about 5 minutes if I leave the computer off for a long period of time (I mean really long, like days or weeks) before it cuts out, but once it's cut out if I try and switch it back on it turns on and cuts off within about 3 seconds every time.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks

your LCS is blocked somewhere.

You should have used some special solution to prevent rusting and mould or both of these will clog up your waterblocks.

On top of that, check if your pump still works.

Problem with LCS is the fact that you need to frequently clean it out, or this would happen....

I would check the pump first, you said its been up for a few years. Usually people clean out the whole loop every year or so. Was this your first build? Did you put anti-corrosion sollutions in?

Yeah sounds familiar. I had a Thermaltake Big Water SE water pump quit working on me a few years back. It had the same symptoms yours had. It'll take a few minutes for the computer to overheat after the the coolant stops circulating, and if you try to restart your computer right after a heat related shutdown; it'll just turn off again in a few seconds because the processor is still HOT. Check the pump and replace if necessary, clean the loop with hydrogen peroxide, rinse the loop with distilled water, look for leaks, change the coolant, and off you go.

Ahh that's great, I had no info about liquid cooling or anything when i bought the system so I probably should have read up about it a little... But this info is reaaaaally helpful, I'll take the pump out and check it out.

Thanks a lot for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back