Login Site Requires a Static IP Address

Forgive me as I am not very knowledgeable about networking, virtual, and remote applications use.

I need to access a website that requires a log in from a static IP address. I have two backup employees at my company, each in different ends of the state. These users will not be on at the same time and would need to be able to print locally to their printers.

My thought is....
Atlanta - The main computer, a regular desktop computer running windows 10
Savannah/Rome locations use remote desktop to the Atlanta computer and is able to print locally in Savannah/Rome

Would this work?

OR

Is there a way to have a virtual desktop type of service that would allow a remote desktop with a static IP address and maybe a few applications/programs on it to avoid having a computer just sitting there? All three of us would use this for this process. What companies could I research into for this?

Thanks in advance for all of your assistance!

What you need is a firewall that can support a VPN connection to your remote workers. There are hundreds of companies that do this. some of the better known brands are Cisco, SonicWall, Watchguard, Sophos, Juniper, or Barracuda. You will have to do some research to figure out the best appliance for your needs as there are several options. My personal preference for a small office is the Sonicwall TZ300. This will require some advanced configuration so you may want to reach out to a local IT company.

Hmm; Very strange IMO. Unless you have a domain name (and thus a registered IP), your PUBLIC IP address can vary from day to day with every fresh connection to your ISP. A static IP on your LAN would not be sufficient if this requirement is what your login really requires.

Hmm; Very strange IMO. Unless you have a domain name (and thus a registered IP), your PUBLIC IP address can vary from day to day with every fresh connection to your ISP. A static IP on your LAN would not be sufficient if this requirement is what your login really requires.
Sorry to mislead. I am actually having to access a site www.whatever.com as an example. It checks my IP address to enable me to login.

Back