Logitech unveils K310 washable keyboard, shipping this month for $40

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Logitech has unveiled a new keyboard that’s likely to give the accident-prone among us something to smile about. The Logitech Washable Keyboard K310 aims to put an end to liquid-induced keyboard destruction once and for all.

The K310 is a standard looking board that includes F-keys, a number pad and USB connectivity. Laser printed and UV coated keys suggest this keyboard can take a beating as well as multiple washings. The board borrows a page from select notebook computers in that there are drainage holes that allow liquid to pass through freely, assisting in cleanup and post-wash drying times.

logitech k310 washable keyboard

Before you go tossing the K310 into the dishwasher, there are a few limitations you need to be aware of. The unit is only submergible in up to 11 inches of water – perfect for the kitchen sink or a garden hose.  But take note as you shouldn’t get the USB cable wet nor should you use any harsh abrasives or cleaners with alcohol / solvents. Furthermore, the company doesn’t recommend water that’s over 50°C (120°F).

Simply put, this is a hand-wash only affair and a mild soap will do the trick. But if you can adhere to these guidelines, the $40 K310 could be a proverbial lifesaver if you often find your keyboard drowning in a sea of cola or coffee. The board is available for pre-order now and is expected to ship later this month to US residents. European buyers will have to wait until October to get in on the action.

Permalink to story.

It's also original-looking, and pretty decent-looking on top of that. I may be in a minority here, but I really like its style.

Pretty decent looking device, but I'm a bit of a Logitech fanboy so tend to like most Logitech devices. Good idea though as I have a few friends that have damaged keyboards and in particular laptop keyboards with liquids so I would imagine it might be a good seller.

this is perfect for the living room I just wish it was wireless (it would probably be more wateproof that way too with no wire sticking out )

damaging 2-3 keyboards on a year basis with spilling coffee on them
thats the reason im avoiding some decent and expensive devices (typing with K120 atm)
im very excited about K310

Nice keyboard, although most people know that unscrew a few screws here and there and any standard keyboard can be fully washed.

I don't really see anything new or novel here.
I've had a flexible keyboard thats covered in a rubbery plastic material for years that's waterproof/washable. It cost me 15 bucks and has saved me many a time (especially when I was in college). I don't really see anything new or novel here.

Interesting, my current Logitech has already proved spill proof though not in its design (G15 V1) and that's the only time I've ever spilled anything on any keyboard. I guess if your prone to spilling things on keyboards this could be perfect for you, otherwise it still looks nice enough to be used as a regular board. Wounder how the keys feel.

Back