Logitech Z-680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first post.

I got some new Z-680's for christmas (I payed for half) and the sub has a really sharp rattle coming from inside... I've heard of people having this problem, but I havn't heard a definative means to correct it. Anyone with experience on these speakers (particularly the sub) please let me know what I can do. I would also like to ask if anyone has a PERFECT set of these, so I know they exist at high quality.

i got a set...got like 3 months ago, havn't had any problem, used them with CD set upstairs, and on computer..they kick arsh....so fricken loud, on Sound blaster audgy 2 PCI card, never have HAD to go more than 50% volume without shaking many windows. (INcluding monitor)

Its probably blown- toasted voice coils make a rattling noise when playing. Unless of course it rattles when you shake it wich would indicate a loose part or mouse turd rattling around inside.

there's something definitely wrong with your speakers, take them back and get a replacement. Hope you didn't buy online cause shipping them back is expensive.

I love mine. Only problem is the slight hiss in all speakers from the amp. It's not too noticeable over my water cooling and probably be even better if you have louder fans like most air cooled rigs.

Originally posted by Godataloss
Its probably blown- toasted voice coils make a rattling noise when playing. Unless of course it rattles when you shake it wich would indicate a loose part or mouse turd rattling around inside.

VCs do not make a rattling noise; I bet that sub is only a SVC to begin with. Usually if you get a nasty rattling noise it is the connections to the tinsel leads which I have had problems with before (and still do until I get around to soldering them instead of using spade connectors).

If you can, remove the driver from the enclosure and check the wires going to the tinsel lead(s). If they are loose then that is probably the problem; if not, blame the enclosure. There are a minimum amount of parts that can rattle (which would mean 2 pieces of metal close together) on a normal piston driver.

Originally posted by Tarkus
there's something definitely wrong with your speakers, take them back and get a replacement. Hope you didn't buy online cause shipping them back is expensive.

I believe with Logitech, if you contact them direct, after determining the cause of the problem they will ship you a new set and only ask for shipment of the control pod in return. It's pretty tough to sell the extra set of speakers without a control pod......plus the wiring is proprietary.

Just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back