Logitech z506 to TV

GusBus

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my Logitech z506 system to my TV, but the only sound output on my tv is a headphone jack, 3.5 mm jack I believe. When I plug the jack into my subwoofer my rear two speakers sound really bad. I know that jack only supports two channels but it doesn't sound like those two rear speakers are even playing 2.1. Is there a way to convert to 5.1? Or at least make those two speakers sound better? They sound find when plugged into different outputs on the subwoofer

Thanks for your help!

The TV is A Hisense smart tv. It's possible it's going to a digital input from an analog output. It's plugged into the 3.5 mm jack on the back of the sub, but I think you're really supposed to be using the black and gold plugs on the back of the sub as well. Right now the only way I can get any sound out though is just going from headphone jack to headphone jack. I don't have any other option at the moment. The sub can take the normal red amd white 2.1 audio in but I don't have that out on my tv

Which kind would be best? Do you think that would fix the problem I'm having with the poor sound quality from my rear 2 speaker outputs?

You are the guy on the spot..so check with your manuals... but I would wonder why you are getting your sound from the TV (which is likely poor quality) in the first place. I would go to Hisense support and voice the problem to their support folks - maybe their plugs are TRRS and not TRS. Then if neither produced improvement, I would look for a 3.5mm socket to a red/white 2 RCA speaker adapter to see if that helps.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...tion=3.5mm+adapter&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Back