TechSpot

Logitech's K480 Bluetooth keyboard can be paired with up to three devices at once

By Shawn Knight
Sep 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Selecting the right keyboard for a particular task can be frustrating. For example, what might be desirable for your desktop probably wouldn't be the best option for a mobile device and vice-versa. Logitech's latest keyboard, however, claims to be suited for...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,154   +1,429

Half-hearted solution. I'm sitting in an office where I have to use a USB-only keyboard for my desktop, a Bluetooth one for my iPad and a Wi-Fi one for my laptop.

I am dying for a keyboard that I could just share and switch between such devices.

Now why on earth couldn't they implement multiple interfaces? Ok, the hell with Wi-Fi, but at least USB must be present along with Bluetooth. Why, Logitech, why???!!!! :oops:

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,675   +780

It's certainly a great idea and long over due. The only thing them need to make sure of is it will drive a wireless or wired mouse too! That would certainly help cut down on some of these KVM switches we have around here!

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,055

Allow me to advise you on better and cheaper solutions:

Desktop PC - Buy a cheap bluetooth dongle, plug it into an open usb port, then you can use a bluetooth keyboard.
    iPad - This is very easy and self explanatory. Get rid of it, FAST! Get an Android or Windows device.
    Laptop - Pull it closer to you and use it's accompanying keyboard, it is portable.
    Mobile phone - Download SwiftKey.

No need to thank me but I do accept Visa, Mastercard and Diners Club cards as well as EFT and cash. NO cheques (checks).

5. tobeportable

tobeportable TS Rookie

Consider the Aten CS533 which lets you keep your actual keyboard and mouse for the same purpose.
    Haven't tried it yet but seems way more flexible.
    Just needs to have audio too ... ; )