Logitech's new G-series racing wheels are compatible with next-gen consoles and PC

Shawn Knight

Staff member

logitech g920 e3 pc playstation 3 playstation 4 xbox one e3 2015 logitech g29 logitech g920 racing wheel logitech racing wheel

Logitech on Thursday announced a pair of new racing wheels, the Logitech G29 Driving Force Racing Wheel for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 and the Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel for the Xbox One and PC.

Both wheels feature hand-stitched leather, dual-motor force feedback with steel ball bearings and helical gearing to provide a more realistic feel. The wheel offers two and a half turn lock-to-lock range for a total of 900 degrees of rotation.

logitech g920 e3 pc playstation 3 playstation 4 xbox one e3 2015 logitech g29 logitech g920 racing wheel logitech racing wheel

Buyers will also get stainless steel throttle, brake and clutch pedals as well as a mounting kit to attach the wheel to your desk, table or racing simulator chair like the Playseat.

In the center of the wheel, you’ll find an assortment of buttons to make navigating in-game menus a bit easier. Both wheels also include dual steel paddle shifters and are compatible with Logitech’s optional 6-speed manual shifter accessory. You also get a built-in LED shifter light.

Many of these features are carryovers from previous models but that’s not at all a bad thing.

The G29 wheel will be available starting next month but the G930 won’t be available until October. Pricing is set at $399.99 for either wheel while the optional 6-speed shifter will set you back an additional $59.99.

If you’re planning to attend E3 next week, you can try out the G930 first-hand at the Xbox booth.

Permalink to story.

What happened to affordable racing wheels from Logitech? It's tough to shell out hundreds of dollars for a wheel and then have only a handful of games actually optimized for it.

I don't want to sound like smartass, but they haven't even announced Xbox Two or PS5 yet. What next gen are you talking about?

What happened to affordable racing wheels from Logitech? It's tough to shell out hundreds of dollars for a wheel and then have only a handful of games actually optimized for it.
I agree. I had a G25 for years. It was half the price of this wheel but had everything most people would want in a wheel.
I wont every buy another wheel or any racing games for a console - they just shaft you every generation and force you to buy a whole new wheel. Why my Fanatec which uses a USB connection to the PS3 couldnt be made to work with a PS4 is a mystery. Oh well - I'll stick to PC from here on in.

My old red seems to work with most things (and in Win7 64bit) and from several accounts (from G25/27 owners) is actually nicer than pretty well anything Logitech has done since this, their first, force feedback wheel.

I'm really glad I bought a G27 half the price of the G29 or G920 combo 3 years ago. I game only on PC and I definitely do not want those extra console-style buttons on my steering wheel. I was surprised the G920 lacks rpm shift light, some buttons and one adjustment knob but do share a pricetag with the G29.

Are these supposed to be better than the G27? If so, how? All I see is a few more buttons and not including the 6-speed shifter, for more money. What??? I got my G27 years ago and love it, I don't really see a reason to buy either of these new ones.

Back