Long interval between BSOD's

My System is new, and has been experiencing BSOD's after being left on for a while.

The first one was after 7 days with no reboot,
The second after 8 days,
and the third after 10 days.
Overall 3 BSOD's through a 25 day period

I then had another BSOD only a few minutes after rebooting on a seperate occasion to the above issues. (This is the most recent file in the minidump zip)

I have run a memtest, all ok.
I attempted to run a chkdsk, but got a message saying something along the lines of "This process is in use, would you like to run chkdsk on startup?" of which I clicked yes, however upon restart I recieved a black screen, that just hovered for about 15 mins, then I gave up. To get rid of this I performed a restore to a few days prior.

Although the BSOD's aren't common, they are still a pain as I need to access my PC remotely, When the BSOD does occur, it doesn't detect my OCZ vertex upon startup, and im required to turn my pc off for a few minutes, then when it comes back on, the OCZ appears again.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Daniel.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    82.6 KB · Views: 3
Three errors are 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function.

The Windows driver csrss.exe was cited as the issue but OS drivers are generally not the issue. They more so point out that there is an issue without further diagnostics. This driver is the user-mode portion of the Win32 subsystem; Win32.sys is the kernel-mode portion. Csrss stands for Client/Server Run-Time Subsystem, and is an essential subsystem that must be running at all times. Csrss is responsible for console windows, creating and/or deleting threads, and implementing some portions of the 16-bit virtual MS-DOS environment.

One error is x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

Another Windows driver.

Question: Have you tried the latest firmware update for your OCZ Vertex?

Thanks for your reply,

Yes I have updated the OCZ to 2.11, after i was getting very regular BSOD's. However i hear 2.13 is only hours away!

Do you suspect the OCZ might be the cause of the problem? as this has been my "hunch."

Cheers.

It could be but let's see what the firmware update does. if you have any more BSODs go ahead and attach in your next post.

After 12 days, it's happened again! Even after I updated the firmware.

I find it strange how the interval is increasing by a day every time.

Attached is the latest minidump.

Attachments

• 092111-18548-01.zip
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
Same error code 0xF4 and same driver csrss.exe cited as reported in my first reply (post #2).

Back