Looking for 3 termination SATA cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked all over NewEgg and other sites and can't find any 3 termination SATA cables for my new gaming rig. This will be the first time I will use SCSI and a Raid-0 configuration. The mobo I am buying is the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, and 2 Western Digital 36.7 10K rpm SCSI drives. The board comes with 2, 2 termination SATA cables. Can I hook up both drives in a Raid-0 with the 2 termination cables and still have one or more IDE ports? This system is loosely based off of the Voodoo FX-51, and is the reason i went with the two WD's and a raid-o. Thanks for any help!

Peace
Adam

Are you sure trying to hook up SCSI drives to an ATA controller is a good idea?

And I do believe plugging SATA cables into a SCSI drive is not a good idea at all.

You can't daisy chain SATA 1 drives AFAIK, so 3 connector cables would not be very useful.

Are you sure you are not mixing up different hard drive interface standards AppleBomb?

SATA is set up as only one drive per channel. The SATA drives hook up to the two SATA connectors on the left side of the board. The SATA controller is separate from the standard IDE controller. There are also two IDE connectors at the front of the board for standard IDE equipment.

Hmm, I must have been mistaken. I didn't mean SCSI just SATA. Thanks for the help and I have seen found out that the Asus board comes with e SATA ports so I will be fine. Thank you!

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back