Looking for a good soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanGris

I was thinking about buying a soundcard, currently i have onboard realtec 97, which really does all I need, except its causing me problems in Battlefield 2, with the voip not working correctly, I was just looking for opinions on getting a good sound card, i know nothing about soundcards, whats good, whats bad, what has the best overall compatibility, and whatnot. anyone have any good recomendations? price is not really an issue, and if i buy one, i want a good one, however, the best card for the best price is always better, i suppose once i get a soundcard i will probably want better speakers also, currently i have altec lansing, 2 small desktop speakers and a small sub, which i paid 40$ for 7 years ago, and they are surprisingly loud and awesome for the price, but im thinking surround sound is the way to go. any thoughts or suggestions appreciated, thanks.

anything from creative is always good except the external sound cards.. i have had few problems with those.. try going for the new 7.1 or 5.1 live..

creative lab xfi sound card ownz esp if you have the logitech z550 speakers will blow you away.i my self had the onboard realtek it was ok but cant compare to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back