Looking for a silent type keyboard

Leeky

Strange request I know, but getting rather fed up with the noise of my Logitech Wave keyboard now.

So I'm on the hunt for a keyboard with silent press keys. I don't mind the latest flat style keys featured on Mac keyboards, and my Sony Vaio laptop. They just need to be silent (or almost silent) as the noise when I'm typing is driving me nuts. LOL.

Currently I own this.

Ideally I'm looking for something like the one I have, illuminated keys would be ideal (but not essential), and a wrist rest is a must (or it be flat along its bottom edge so I can purchase a Kensington duo gel pad to match my mouse one). Most crucially it needs to be silent, with good weighted keys and comfortable for extended typing. I would prefer wired (don't need to worry about batteries then), but USB rechargable ones are fine as I have plenty of USB ports.

Its for lots of typing, generally office based use. No requirement for games. I don't need any keyboard/mouse combos as already have a Logitech Marble trackball, and LX7 cordless mouse.

Budget is around £50 UK Pounds.

What would you all get?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I couldn't really decide where it fit best.

The newer wireless ones are lasting more than a year.
This is a product you should see and test.
The silent one can be a pain, if they don't fit your comfort zone

The newer wireless ones are lasting more than a year.
This is a product you should see and test.
The silent one can be a pain, if they don't fit your comfort zone

I agree, but getting out and about for me isn't so easy, so I was hoping the nice members here would be able to recommend a few for me. :)

The internet is about the only way I have of getting things unfortunately.

Try a site such as Directron.com They have a long list of keyboards with good descriptions about sound and such. I like their better Logitech's for noise and their Black Adesso Easy Touch. It has the membrane keyboard so it is very quiet and the price is under $30... which I suppose is a consideration.
Also, Directron is easy to return products if too noisey, so as to exchange for another.

We serve a lot of older folks where one needs to be on the computer while the other sleeps... so noise is a big consideration.

Try a site such as Directron.com They have a long list of keyboards with good descriptions about sound and such. I like their better Logitech's for noise and their Black Adesso Easy Touch. It has the membrane keyboard so it is very quiet and the price is under $30... which I suppose is a consideration.
Also, Directron is easy to return products if too noisey, so as to exchange for another.

We serve a lot of older folks where one needs to be on the computer while the other sleeps... so noise is a big consideration.

You've hit the nail on the head with my problem. My partner is being disturbed by me typing late in the evening. I love this Logitech curve keyboard, but its so noisy.

Thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to check it out. :)

I had noticed the Logitech recommended above, which I quite liked at the time. I'd love to hear from anyone who owns this keyboard as well. :D

Thanks guys. :D I'll get a list together and see what you guys all think before I go ahead.

Back