Looking for beep codes for Asrock 775Dual-VSTA

MysterioMask

This machine was working fine the other day then when I went to start it up, the monitor wouldnt turn on. So I took out the old video card and put another in and when I did so it started to give me a beep code. 2 very quick 8 normal length then a short pause and 1 more normal length one. I tried finding beep codes for asrock 775Dual-VSTA but im having a problem finding anything. I believe its an intel based board.

Did you look at the BIOS beep guide sticky thread at the top of this forum?

In most modern motherboards beep codes are a function of the BIOS maker. Your motherboard has an AMI BIOS so check the beep codes under that.

In most modern motherboards beep codes are a function of the BIOS maker. Your motherboard has an AMI BIOS so check the beep codes under that.

Even when I look under ami, it doesnt really list what I hear, I even recorded the sound, I have 2 quick 8 short/normal a pause then one short/normal, if I compress the normal ones then I get 9, if I say the 2 quick are one long one *even though its not* I get a video error. But to me thats kind of rejiggering the actual sounds.

Listen carefully to the beep sequences. You have more than one code being sounded. See if you can distinguish them.

Listen carefully to the beep sequences. You have more than one code being sounded. See if you can distinguish them.

Well if what you say is true. Then im getting a dram refresh error a memory pariety error and a video card error. But I uploaded the sound in a zip file for anyone who wants to take a crack at it.

Attachments

• Beep Code.zip
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
2 short beeps indicate post failure( parity, usually video card ram), 8 after that is video card or mobo pcie slot. last one im not to sure about.

1 short Memory refresh timer error.
2 short Parity error.
3 short Main memory read / write test error.
4 short System timer failure.
5 short Process error.
6 short Keyboard controller BAT test error.
7 short General exception error.
8 short Display memory error.
9 short ROM BIOS checksum error.
10 short CMOS shutdown Read/Write error.
11 short Cache Memory bad.

In my opinion, I would put money on the video card or mobo pcie slot.

What I hear are two codes: A) 1 long, 8 short and B) 1 short.

Based on this and your description of what you did in your first post, I'd say you didn't install your graphics card correctly. It might not be pushed in all the way or not pushed in squarely. Try removing it and reinstalling it. Make sure it's firmly and evenly in the slot. I don't have a good explanation of the second code except perhaps one of the RAM modules is loose. Deal with the graphics card first and see what happens.

I put the old video card back in and removed the other, and now everything is working back as normal once again. *shrugs*

It appears the new card is defective or let me ask, what was the make and model of the new card? If it required an exterior power plug, was it plugged in to the power supply?

Back